K-Lite Codec Pack
is a collection of codecs and related tools. Codec is short for Compressor-Decompressor. Codecs are needed for encoding and decoding (playing) audio and video. The K-Lite Codec Pack is designed as a user-friendly solution for playing all your movie files. With the K-Lite Codec Pack you should be able to play all the popular movie formats and even some rare formats.
This is a bundle of
DirectShow filters that can be used together with 64-bit players, such as Windows Media Center. This pack can co-exist without problems with the regular (32-bit) K-Lite Codec Pack. The 64-bit versions of Windows can run 32-bit software perfectly fine. So it is recommended to use the regular K-Lite Codec Pack when possible. That one contains more, better and faster decoders. You only need 64-bit filters for use with 64-bit applications.
Compare versions of the package: * K-Lite Codec Pack Basic - contains everything you need to play most common video files such as AVI, MKV, MP4, OGM, and FLV. This package has the smallest.
* K-Lite Codec Pack Standard - has everything to play most media files. This package should be enough for the average user.
* K-Lite Codec Pack Full - except for codecs, filters and tools that are standard also contains all the necessary things for encoding video and audio. May be useful to advanced users and professionals.
* K-Lite Mega Codec Pack - This version of the package contains all the codecs and programs that are included in the full version, plus QuickTime Alternative and Real Alternative.
* Updated ffdshow to revision 3732
* Updated madFLAC to version 1.10
* Added MPEG audio splitter. Useful on Windows 7 when the MS MP3 DMO decoder is disabled with Win7DSFilterTweaker.
* Updated Win7DSFilterTweaker to version 4.0
* Updated MediaInfo Lite to version 0.7.39
* Minor changes.
OS: Windows 2000 / XP / Vista / 7 (x32/x64)
Size: 14.1 Mb/19.14 Mb/5.18 Mb/9.88 Mb/7.39 Mb