SpaceClaim 2010 is the first-ever history-free, feature based mechanical design software, allowing for easy creation and modification of parts and assemblies, regardless on where they were originally created. SpaceClaim overcomes deficiencies and difficulties typical for history-based parametric software. It lets the users open and work freely with the designer*s model, without having to understand the method used to construct it. Engineers across multiple disciplines are able to immediately add their expertise to the design, rather than spend time deciphering the model or struggle with the software.
Why Choose SpaceClaim?
* SpaceClaim is the fastest solid modeler available, letting you process more ideas more quickly and interact directly with your customers.
* Only SpaceClaim has Pull, Move, Fill, and Combine, the easiest way to do 3D.
* Never experience rebuild errors or struggle with complicated constraints. Leave those problems with traditional CAD.
SpaceClaim is the world*s fastest and most innovative 3D solid modeler. It gives engineers and industrial designers the freedom and flexibility to capture ideas easily, directly edit solid models regardless of their origin, and simplify designs in 3D for analysis, prototyping, and manufacturing.
SpaceClaim lets extended design and engineering teams work concurrently, finish projects at a fraction of the cost, and accelerate time-to-market. With SpaceClaim 3D design software, you can edit 3D designs based on your intent, regardless of how the model was created, and experiment freely with design concepts, unrestricted by complex parameters and restraints.
Intuitive tools such as Pull and Move let you directly select portions of the model and put them where you want. The Combine tool divides parts into pieces and lets you merge in portions of other designs. The Fill tool cleans up small features and fills holes. Take designs where you want them to go without worrying about how to get there.
Using SpaceClaim 3D Direct Modeling drives innovation and improves collaboration. While feature-based CAD products are very powerful for detailed design work, they are not appropriate for conceptual design, engineering analysis, and simulation-driven design. SpaceClaim is easy to learn and use, cost effective, and very accurate, enabling 3D conceptual design by everyone and driving improved innovation and collaboration.
The product*s open file format and data exchange capabilities makes it easy for people to share designs and ensure that they fit within the existing development process. SpaceClaim supports common formats ACIS, STEP, IGES, ECAD, Rhinoceros, CGR, DWG, DXF, STL, OBJ, XAML, VRML, and 3D PDF (requires Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Extended). Many SpaceClaim customers use KeyShot from Luxion, available from SpaceClaim and tightly integrated into the SpaceClaim envinronment, for rendering as well.
* intuitive modeling capabilities for easy creation and modification of parts and assemblies
* CAD-neutral modifications allow interoperability between multiple CAD, CAM, analysis, and PLM systems
* includes IGES, STEP, VDA, DWG, and DXF data exchange
* open, modify, and save native files from AutoCAD, CATIA (V4 & 5), Inventor, JT, ProE, NX, Rhino, SolidWorks, UG (add-on)
* maintains relationships between parts, assemblies, and drawings
* component tree
* multiple design variations and configurations
* lightweight assemblies
* 3D markup capabilities
* associative 2D drawings
* Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
* Sheet Metal (in SpaceClaim Engineer)
* product manufacturing information (PMI)
* TraceParts* library of over 100 million of standard components (add-on)
* ECAD integration
* Rhino integration (click for instructions)