Tecplot Focus is an engineering plotting software with extensive XY, 2D and 3D capabilities. It is designed for measured field data, performance plotting of test data, mathematical analysis, and engineering plotting in general. Unlike our Windows-only competitors, Tecplot Focus is a multi-platform engineering tool that gives you total control to get all the types of plots you want for effective analysis, presentation, and publication. One of the key differentiators between Tecplot Focus and Tecplot 360 is that Tecplot Focus does not support CFD data formats, CFD analysis, and polyhedral grids.
Expanded Analysis with the Power of Python
Python is a powerful open-source, object-oriented extensible programming language. Python scripting was added to Tecplot Focus specifically for engineers who require additional analysis (FFTs, splines, statistical functions, etc.) or more scripting flexibility than macro writing/recording. Additionally, you can run your scripts on Windows, Linux, and Macintosh platforms. Python offers strong support for integration with other languages and tools and comes with extensive standard libraries. Tecplot Focus 2009 users can now leverage the extensive set of open-source libraries that are now available. The SciPy and NumPy scientific computing libraries are included, along with the Tk library for simple GUI development.
Some key features are: * Unique, multi-frame layout
* Macros and automation
* XY, 2D, and 3D plotting (vector, scatter, contour, polar)
* High quality vector and raster output
New User Interface
* Streamlined layout with improved access to important features.
* Double-clicking buttons acts as a shortcut to the function*s details menu.
* Bounce and loop features were added to the animation options.
* Improved animation options for slices and iso-surfaces.
Easily Understand Complex Engineering Systems
* Gain full understanding with multi-dimensional parametric plots
* XY, Polar, 2D and 3D plotting in one unified environment
* Control over 2,500 attributes of your plot
* Work with a unique multi-frame workspace allowing up to 2048 drawing windows
* Assign arbitrary independent axes for specialty plots
* Apply multiple constraints to define and create performance envelopes
* Create complex performance plots
* Plot irregularly spaced data
Communicate Clearly and Effectively
* Copy and paste your images/animations directly into PowerPoint, Word and other Microsoft Office applications
* Publish and share results directly to the web
* Export presentation-quality vector and raster formats (JPEG, PNG, TIFF, BMP, WMF, PostScript, EPS)
* Share your 3D results in the X3D open source standard
Whats New: The engineering plotting software that allows you to quickly plot all your engineering and test data exactly the way you want is faster and easier than ever. With the release of Tecplot Focus 2009, you can generate stunning visuals with less work and share your results with more people.