- known program for virtualization. VMware Workstation is a powerful solution for software developers and system administrators who are creating and testing fully-integrated network applications server-class operating in different environments. The unique technology of VMware MultipleWorlds isolates operating systems and applications within virtual machines, and the disposal of each virtual machine is a standard PC x86, with its own processor and memory. With this solution you can on a single computer to conduct processes of development, testing, debugging and running multi-tier browser-based applications that exploit the new operating systems and legacy applications on one computer, install new or upgrade existing operating systems without performing partitioning operations and restart the computer.
The new platform offers enhanced capabilities for application developers, engineers, quality control, sales of technology solutions and IT-administrators. One of the most notable innovations package VMware Workstation 7 has enhanced support for 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows. To display the status of virtual machines are now fully use functions of Flip 3D and Aero Peek, implemented in the interface of Windows 7. VMware Workstation Package 7 was the first product with full support Aero GUI in Windows 7. Greatly expanded the list of three-dimensional applications based on technologies DirectX 9.0c Shader Model 3 and OpenGL 2.1, which can be run in virtual machines Windows.
Key features: "The simultaneous launch of multiple guest operating systems on one computer
"Running a virtual machine in windows desktop core operating system and full screen
"Installing virtual machines without re-partitioning
"Running is already installed on your computer operating system without re-install or re-configuring
"Launching applications Windows operating system on a Linux box and vice versa
"Development and testing of applications at the same time for different systems
"Running untested applications without the risk of endangering the stability of the system or lose critical data
"Sharing files and applications to different virtual machines by using a virtual network
"Starting the client-server and Web applications on one PC
Runs on one pc multiple virtual machines and modeling of network
The following issues are resolved in VMware Workstation 7.1.3.
- When you install VMware Workstation on an operating system that uses a post-2.6.34 Linux kernel, the vmmon module fails to compile.
- The vmxnet and vsock guest modules fail to compile on operating systems that use post-2.6.32 Linux kernels.
- When you install VMware Tools on an operating system that uses a post-2.6.34 Linux kernel, the vsock.ko module fails to build.
- Unity mode does not work with an Ubuntu 10.10 64-bit guest operating system.
- An unrecoverable error occurs when you select the Novell NetWare, Sun Solaris, or Other guest operating system type in the New Virtual Machine wizard.