PREDATOR locks your PC when you are away, even if your Windows session is still opened. It uses a regular USB flash drive as an access control device, and works as follows: * you insert the USB key * you run PREDATOR (autostart with Windows is possible) * you do your work... * when you re away from your PC, you simply remove the USB flash drive: once it is removed, the keyboard and mouse are disabled and the screen darkens * when you return back to your PC, you put the USB flash drive in place: keyboard and mouse are immediately released, and the display is restored.
It s easier and faster than closing your Windows session, since you do not have to retype your password when you return.
Here are some key features of PREDATOR : * PREDATOR records all security related events in a log file: start, alarms, stop. By reading this log, you will know if intruders have tried to use your computer while you have been away.
* PREDATOR frequently changes the security codes recorded on your USB drive. If an intruder manages to copy your key, this copy will not work because the codes on your own key will have changed in the meantime.
* PREDATOR disables the Windows task manager when you remove the USB key. Nobody can stop it with Ctrl Alt Del
* PREDATOR lets you regain control of your computer if you lose your key: when you start the software for the first time, you set a password that will unlock your session if you lose your key
* PREDATOR can sound an audible alarm if somebody enters an invalid password
* PREDATOR allows you to protect several PCs with the same key
Requirements: * USB Flash disk
What s New in This Release: * Fixed bug which prevented the PREDATOR Administration tool from resetting the password.