Download keygen for Cadence OrCAD v16.5
1. Install the license manager (License Manager) and program (Cadence SPB 16.5). Ignore and click next when a windows pops up asking for license file.
2. Copy the files in aspirinCadenceLicenseManager (i.e. pubkey.exe, pubkey, LicenseManager.cmd) to installed directory (e.g. C:CadenceLicenseManager). Run the LicenseManager.cmd.
3. Copy the files in aspirinCadenceSPB_16.5tools (i.e. pubkey.exe, pubkey, Tools.cmd) to installed directory (C:CadenceSPB_16.5tools). Run the Tools.cmd. The script may take up to several minutes to run.
4. Go to aspirinCadenceLicGen folder. Open the src.lic with a text editor (e.g. notepad). Change the "this-host" to your computer hostname, which can be identified using the following method "Start -> Run -> cmd -> ipconfig /all". Once done and saved, run the LicGen.cmd and a "license.lic" is created.
5. Open the License Server Configuration Utility (Start -> Programs -> Cadence -> License Manager -> License Server Configuration Utility). Locate the license.lic generated in Step-4 above.
6. Add a user environment variable (Control Panel -> System -> Advanced -> Environment Variables)
variable name : CDS_LIC_FILE
variable value : C:CadenceLicenseManagerlicense.dat
7. The installation as aforementioned was done on a Windows XP Pro SP3 (plus ****ee with latest antivirus definition update on 16 July 2011).
8. Done and Enjoy!
How to apply SPB 16.5.0028 hotfix
Do not apply Hotfix directly over installed directory(c:CadenceSPB_16.5) SPB will go wrong completely and it would never be restored without reinstall.
1.Stop licence manager(go to Start -> Programs -> Cadence -> License Manager
->LmTools and click on the "Stop server" button in the Start/Stop/Reread tab)
and Stop process cdsNameServer.exe, if it exists
(point to cdsnameserver.exe click "end process" button in Windows Task Manager[ctrl+alt+del])
3.Create a new directory (c:CadenceSPB_16.5)
7.Run "Tools.cmd" on the directory of installed hotfix c:CadenceSPB_16.5tools
10.Start licence manager(go to Start -> Programs -> Cadence -> License Manager
->LmTools and click on the "Start server" button in the Start/Stop/Reread tab)
I got this information from below url and tested these steps in windows xp servicepack 3 circumstance and confirm it works very well.
All credit goes to uniservis!